reblog this post
♥ 823 notes
● via source
Emma Stone for James White
The most intense form of pretentious dishevelment I’ve ever seen in my life.
EVERY WORD OF THAT SENTENCE IS PURE GOLD
This sign is in my doctors office above the scale and I really love it. It actually made me feel a lot better after reading it
but, bbygrl, why a tura satana appreciation day?
[tw : rape]
- she’s a total babe. duh.
- she’s japanese, filipino, cheyenne + irish.
- she was simultaneously a straight-a student in school while being viciously bullied for her heritage + size and punished by her parents for getting into fights. i mean, even without the straight a’s, she was strong and endured feeling isolated at home and at school.
- she’s a fellow rape survivor — “Walking home from school at the age of nine she was gang raped by five men. According to Satana, her attackers were never prosecuted and it was rumored that the judge had been paid off. She tells how this prompted her to learn the martial arts of aikido and karate and, over the next 15 years, track down each rapist and exact revenge. ’I made a vow to myself that I would someday, somehow get even with all of them’, she said years later. ‘They never knew who I was until I told them.’”
- she began living on her own at the age of 13, after her parents married her to a 17-year old and she wasn’t having that bullshit. i can’t even imagine what that was like.
- she was an extremely successful burlesque dancer, and even when she got pregnant at 19 she danced through the first eight months of her pregnancy! and yeah, she still made BANK.
- faster pussycat! kill! kill! — a cult classic john waters apparently calls the greatest movie ever made. i still haven’t seen it, but from what i’ve read it portrays the three female leads (tura satana is the LEAD lead) in positions or power that normally men are portrayed in, and that’s allll the way back in the 60’s. she did all her own stunts and fight scenes. the majority of satana’s styling and one-liners, and some additional key concepts of the film, were satana’s own doing.
- after being shot by a former lover and staying in a hospital, she decided to study nursing and she did just that. she even briefly worked as the dispatcher for the lapd.
tura satana passed away on 2/4/2011, but she’s still amazing and one of my inspirations as a woc, especially as a mixed-race asian rape survivor struggling to embrace my sexuality. <3 and that’s why i’m giving her her own day! just who she was makes me feel good about me.
all facts taken from tura satana’s wikipedia page
It makes me uncomfortable when people talk about weight. Weight loss isn’t always good and weight gain isn’t always bad. I’m with my boyfriends family and I feel embarrassed because I know I’ve gained weights since my dad passed away. My boyfriend is looking good but I feel embarrassed of my body…
Vent as much as you like and never apologize for feeling crummy! We’ve all been there for one reason or another and sometimes no reason at all. What’s important is that you love yourself as much as we love you because we could probably fill oceans with compliments and admiration. OCEANS. If you feel like screaming or just need a hug, tackle us anywhere on campus and we’ll squeeze all the bad juju away, no explanation necessary. We will literally crush all the bad feelings. Mercilessly.
Female BAMFs Throughout History
In a new video from social justice-oriented T-shirt company FCKH8, several Ferguson children lampoon the excuses white people give to avoid getting involved in ending discrimination in America and deliver a call to action to stomp out racism.
advice for artists
(quote found via:toddahh)
kinda needed that
Writing over vacation? Here’s some great advice.
*listens to ur heart with a stethoscope* *takes ur temperature* *flashes a light in ur eyes* yep…. it’s exactly as i expected…. ur really cute….. *writes a prescription for lots of kisses*
when ur friends are cool and talented and ur just